We understand the frustration that you face when a hailstorm pours and damages your vehicle. These hail events can significantly affect your routines, and the last thing you may want to do is negotiate with your insurance company to get a deal that favors you and your situation. Your PDR provider should work directly with your insurance company and your adjuster to negotiate the best claim on your behalf. Navigating the process of having your insurance pay damages can be a hassle, so below we’ve broken down the insurance payment process for your paintless dent repair.
What to expect when filing an insurance claim for hail damage:
- Damage Evaluation: Expect to get an evaluation from your insurance. They will call you to set up a time to meet, take photos and send you a reply with their estimate – possibly send you a check right away.
With Hail Advisor: We will work with any insurance company to get you the best claim possible for your vehicle’s hail damage – often times it’s higher than their estimate. Our experienced adjustor will come to your home, office, or other location at NO COST or obligation. We will inspect your hail-damaged vehicle and answer any questions regarding our paintless dent removal process. To get started, call Hail Advisor at 719.649.8921, or schedule an appointment online for your free auto hail damage evaluation.
- Insurance Claim: Call your insurance company to make a claim or use your smart phone app to file the claim under hail damage or paintless damage repair.
NOTE: The best time to file a claim for your hail damage is within 30 – 60 days of a loss. Most insurance providers set a time limit of six months to a year to file a claim. If you fail to file a claim within the time frame, you may not get any assistance from your insurance provider to repair your vehicle. If your car suffers hail damage in this year’s season and you do not file a claim, and then you file a claim after a loss during next year’s season, your provider will only give assistance for the damage incurred during the most recent season.
With Hail Advisor: Hail Advisor will do it for you! We’ll contact your insurance company with you and work on your behalf. For consumer policy holders, your claim WILL NOT affect your insurance rates, as your comprehensive auto policy covers the damage incurred by “Acts of God,” such as hail, wind, tornadoes, and other natural disasters. An independent claim should not impact your premiums.
- Paintless Dent Removal: All major insurance companies see PDR as the standard and best practice for dent removal and repairing hail damaged vehicles, regardless of the number of dents and dings, because the method is more effective, and it maintains the vehicle’s original factory paint warranty without affecting the quality of paint.
With Hail Advisor: Our facility uses the latest technology and is staffed with local experts who have been working in PDR for at least 15-20 years.
- What you will pay: Generally, your insurance will cover 100% of the vehicle hail damage minus your deductible. However, there are a few things to consider such as, the year of your car, the mileage and the condition prior to the hail damage. If the value of your car is less that the cost to repair it, your car may be claimed as a complete loss, which means your insurance company will pay you for the total value of your vehicle (which may be less than the cost of the hail damage). If that’s the case, then you can decide to repair the damage, or keep the money, or use the check to cover the cost of the hail damage. Depending on the amount you receive from your insurance, you may have to cover the difference with the PDR provider.
With Hail Advisor: We’ll cover your deductible in most cases! We always strive to get the most accurate assessment and will work with your insurance company to get the highest dollar amount to fix your vehicle. Many insurance companies will initially provide a very low evaluation for your auto hail repair, as they do not do a thorough inspection of the hail damage to your vehicle and have no incentive to do so. Our higher evaluation does not affect the cost that you pay since Hail Advisor will cover the difference in cost if your insurance does not cover 100% of the cost. We work for you, and we ensure your hail damaged vehicle is repaired to its pre-loss condition with our paintless dent removal process.
- Payments or Leased Cars: If you are still making payments or have a lease, your insurance company handling the auto hail repair claim will make the claim check payable in one of two ways: either to you and your lienholder, or to you and your auto hail repair facility.
With Hail Advisor: Before you call your lienholder or send the insurance check to your lienholder, call Hail Advisor and we will assist you with the process in order to avoid any delay in your auto hail repair. Most insurance companies will reissue the insurance check in your name and your hail repair body shop, which means that you do not have to go through the time and hassle of dealing with your lienholder.
- Rental Car Cost: Your insurance should cover the cost of a rental if you have that as part of your comprehensive policy. If not, you would be responsible for paying for a rental car while your call is being fixed.
With Hail Advisor: If you don’t have rental car coverage, we will provide you with a rental car – at no cost to you- during the time your vehicle is at our shop. We’ll even arrange to have it ready for you when you drop off your car at our shop and arrange to drop back off to the rental company – you don’t have to do anything! All repairs come with a Comprehensive Warranty on our craftmanship.
At Hail Advisor, we will work with any insurance company to get you the best claim possible for your vehicle’s hail damage. Navigating the process of taking a hail-damaged car to repair and back to your home can be a difficult one to go through alone, but we are here to make sure you have the guidance you need, and we have the industry experts to get your car back to pre-loss condition.
To schedule your free evaluation and get your car or truck repaired, contact us today by submitting the form or call us at 719.649.8921